Coral Springs Head-on Collision Lawyer
Head-on collisions are probably the deadliest type of car accident. When two vehicles hit head on, they are usually going at high speeds. The forces generated can cause serious, often fatal, injuries.
If you were injured in a head on collision, please contact Lyons & Snyder today. It’s possible to receive compensation for your injuries, but you should hire an experienced attorney as soon as possible. It is not always obvious who is to blame, but obtaining a settlement is difficult if you do not clearly establish fault for the crash. Our Coral Springs head-on collision lawyer can explain the process more fully in a consultation.
What Causes Head-On Collisions?
Two cars should rarely meet head on. After all, at least one driver should see the other car and take immediate defensive action. However, we’ve seen head-on collisions caused by:
- A driver can nod off, cross the center line, and smash into oncoming traffic. Fatigue increases when drivers are operating a vehicle at night.
- Drunk drivers can lose control of their vehicles and drift into oncoming traffic. Some motorists are traveling very fast because they are not thinking clearly.
- Illegal passing. Cars shouldn’t pass unless there is sufficient room to do so safely. But an aggressive driver might pass illegally and slam into oncoming traffic because they don’t have time to get back into their lane.
- Mechanical failure. The steering or brakes could malfunction, due to inadequate mechanical repairs or even a defect. The driver can easily lose control and crash.
- A driver might not know that a road is one way and pull into it.
- Some motorists fly around parking lots or the roads without any care for the safety of other people.
Whatever the reason for the accident, these collisions cause serious injuries. To learn more about your legal rights, contact Lyons & Snyder.
Can You Receive Compensation for a Head-On Crash?
Probably. We would need to know more about what caused the accident. If another driver bears the majority of blame for the crash, you might be able to sue.
We have sought compensation for:
- Medical care to treat head-on collision injuries
- Future medical services for permanent injuries
- Lost income
- Loss of future income, when permanent injuries make returning to work impossible
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
Our attorneys can review how much you might receive in a free consultation.
What if a Loved One Died in the Crash?
This is the sad reality of many head-on collisions. Fortunately, Florida law allows certain family members to file wrongful death claims against the at-fault driver. The personal representative of your loved one’s estate will file the lawsuit. If you can show the death was wrongful, then you can receive compensation for various losses.
Meet with Our Coral Springs Head-On Collision Lawyer
Head-on collisions are tragic events, and dozens of people are permanently injured each year in Florida. We strongly recommend that you contact our Coral Springs head-on collision lawyer at Lyons & Snyder to discuss possible compensation. We have deep experience in Coral Springs car accidents and will use these skills to your advantage.