Coral Springs Hit & Run Lawyer
Florida law requires that any motorist involved in a crash stop and provide information to other motorists. They also must render assistance to someone who has been hurt in the wreck. Any violation of these laws can result in a conviction, criminal record, and penalties.
Nevertheless, far too many motorists floor it after a wreck and leave behind injured motorists. Indeed, Florida sees over 24,000 hit and run injuries each year. At Lyons & Snyder, we have heard countless stories of motorists stranded when the driver flees the scene of an accident. There is no excuse for this behavior, and we can help you seek compensation. Please call to speak with a Coral Springs hit & run lawyer today for a free consultation.
How to Receive Compensation after a Hit & Run
In the typical car crash, you can easily sue the driver responsible because you have his or her contact information. This includes name, address, and insurance provider. When a motorist flees, by contrast, it can be harder to get the compensation you need.
Nevertheless, we have a good track record of recovering at least some compensation:
- We can report the hit and run to the police, who can search for the suspect. If found, you can file a claim against them.
- We can make a claim with your personal injury protection insurance (PIP), which provides no-fault benefits to accident victims.
- If you have uninsured motorist coverage, we can file a bodily injury claim with them for your hit and run accident.
- If you have collision coverage, you can use that to make repairs to your car.
Even if the culprit is never found, you might have been able to receive something from your own insurer.
Steps to Take Following a Hit & Run
It’s possible to improve the odds of receiving financial compensation if you follow some simple steps after a hit and run. We recommend that you do the following:
- Report the crash to law enforcement immediately. They need to know about the crash and can put out a bulletin to find the hit and run driver.
- Share any details you have about the driver or their vehicle. For example, describe the color and make of the vehicle, as well as where the car was headed after hitting you.
- Report the accident to your own insurer. They can open a claim.
- Receive prompt medical care following the wreck. This helps show your insurer that you are taking injuries seriously. You can’t receive full PIP benefits unless you receive care within 14 days of an accident.
- Speak with an attorney. A lawyer will help analyze whether you can receive compensation and how to improve the odds of finding the culprit who hit you.
Seek Advice from Our Coral Springs Hit & Run Accident Lawyer
Lyons & Snyder is a leading law firm helping Coral Springs accident victims. A hit and run is a frustrating experience, but help is available. We will review all relevant insurance policies and explain the best way to maximize your compensation. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with our Coral Springs hit & run lawyer.