Delray Beach Child Injury Lawyer
Was your child injured in a car crash? Was he or she bitten by a dog, or suffered a tragic drowning accident at a neighbor’s pool? If your child, regardless of age, was injured in any type of incident, or lost his or her life, the negligent party must be held accountable. You and your child deserve justice, and we can help deliver it. The Delray Beach child injury lawyers at Lyons & Snyder are renown for their aggressive, successful tactics when it comes to negotiating substantial compensation for child injuries. If necessary, our attorneys, who have been nominated as the top 100 trial lawyers in the country, will take the liable party to court.
Damages in Child Injury Cases
The damages you are able to sue for on behalf of your child may include some of, or all of, the following:
- Medical bills;
- Future medical costs;
- Future medical device costs or home equipment, ramps, or other infrastructure required by a disability;
- Counseling and psychological expenses;
- Pain and suffering;
- Loss of joy of life;
- Emotional distress;
- Property damage; and
In the event of death, you may also be able to file a wrongful death claim that includes your own emotional distress, as well as costs associated with a funeral and burial.
Common Motor Vehicle Child Injury Cases We Have Experience With
- Car Collisions—Cars are dangerous. There is no sugar coating it, and no amount of enhanced safety features will ever make driving truly safe as long as distracted, aggressive, drunk, and impatient drivers are behind the wheel.
- Pedestrian Collisions—Child pedestrians are often blamed for “running” or even “jumping” out in front of cars. We are always skeptical of these claims, and will get to the truth. It is very common for an adult driver to lie about what actually happened.
- Bicycle Collisions—Tragically, fewer kids are riding bikes these days, and it is because parents no longer believe that it is safe. Children are riding bikes at a rate 20 percent lower than they were in 2007, according to Biz Journal.
- Scooter, Rollerblade, Hoverboard, or Other Wheeled Collisions—Drivers need to be on the lookout for, and yield right of way depending on the circumstances, to children on all types of vehicles, devices, and toys. While many drivers feel that the road belongs to them, it does not. It belongs to everyone, and that includes children who have a right to be on the sidewalk, in the middle of the street while crossing or making a turn, as well as in the bike lane or on the shoulder of the street.
Other Common, Non Motor-Vehicle-Caused Child Injuries We Handle
- Sexual Abuse or Physical Abuse;
- Playground Injuries;
- Slips and Falls / Trip and Falls;
- Landscaping and Construction Equipment Injuries;
- Severe Burns;
- Dog bites; and
- Swimming Pool and Other Water-Related Accidents.
Call a Delray Beach Child Injury Lawyer for Help Today
If your child was injured because of another party’s negligent choices, your child deserves financial justice in the form of a civil lawsuit. To get started today while the evidence against the other party is still fresh, call Delray Beach child injury lawyers at Lyons & Snyder at (954) 462-8035 to schedule a free consultation.