Parkland Red Light Accident Lawyer
One of the most dangerous things a motorist can do is run a red light. Most drivers are expecting other motorists to follow the rules of the road, and what is more basic than stopping at a red light? Sadly, countless motorists plow on through an intersection without any care for the lives they endanger.
If you were hit by a driver who ran a red light, please reach out to us. Lyons & Snyder has built its reputation protecting the rights of accident victims in Parkland. It is possible to obtain compensation, but you should hire a lawyer as soon as possible. Our Parkland red light accident lawyer will discuss your legal options in a complimentary consultation and case review.
Why Motorists Run Red Lights
There are some common situations where drivers make the mistake of running a red:
- They are trying to beat the light before it changes. A driver might be speeding to try and pass through the intersection before the yellow light turns red. However, they are going so fast that stopping is impossible.
- A driver is drunk or high. Impaired drivers do not make sensible choices. Some drugs encourage risky behavior, including racing through a red light.
- A driver falls asleep. Fatigued drivers can fall asleep behind the wheel. Unsurprisingly, they can’t brake in time but instead run right through the intersection.
- People are drag racing. Drag racing is illegal in Florida, but countless people participate anyway.
These are only some of the most common reasons given. A police investigation might uncover a different reason for the driver running a red, but there is never an acceptable reason for refusing to stop.
Were You Hurt by a Driver Running a Red Light?
Many of our clients are pedestrians or other motorists struck when a driver refuses to stop for a red light. They feel a justified sense of outrage that a driver refused to obey traffic signals but instead chose to endanger their safety.
Because many drivers are going so fast, injuries can be devastating. Many people suffer fractures, traumatic brain injuries, brain bleed, organ damage, and spinal column injuries. They might need emergency surgery and months of rehabilitation to stabilize their condition.
We can fight for a settlement that is fair and should include:
- Compensatory damages for economic losses like the cost of medical care, damage to your car, and lost income.
- Damages for non-economic losses, like physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish.
- Punitive damages to punish the driver for flagrantly breaking the law.
Each case is different. What is fair compensation for one person might not be enough money for another with life-altering injuries. Let us carefully review the facts, including your medical records, to determine a reasonable amount.
Contact Our Experienced Attorneys for Assistance
The Parkland run red light accident lawyers at Lyons & Snyder have the combination of experience, skill, and dedication that you need. For help, or if you have questions, give us a call. We can meet any time of the week to go over your case and discuss your odds of success.