Delray Beach Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident that resulted from another person’s negligence, such as a traffic crash or a poorly maintained property, you have the ability to seek compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. Insurance companies will do anything in their power to deny a claim or settle it quickly for less than it is worth. Working with an experienced Delray Beach injury lawyer at Lyons & Snyder will ensure that you are properly compensated for the pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and emotional distress that the accident caused.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
- Car and Truck Crashes—Common causes of car and truck crashes include speeding, drunk driving, aggressive driving behaviors, driving while fatigued, distracted driving, and more. A personal injury attorney can help with investigating a collision when the liable party is not initially obvious.
- Motorcycles Crashes—According to Florida’s Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were 7,719 motorcyclist injuries across the state in 2019. Motorcyclists enjoy the sunshine and year-round good weather in Florida, but speeding and distracted drivers pose serious risk to the vulnerable road users.
- Bicycle Crashes—Cyclists, like motorcyclists, are vulnerable road users who lack the protection of being in an enclosed vehicle with state-of-the-art safety features. As a result, when a cyclist is hit by a driver, the injuries are often life-threatening.
- Slip and Falls—Slip and falls can become personal injury cases when it is apparent that the premises was not properly maintained, resulting in the injury. For instance, if a handrail is loose, the lighting is inadequate, or the floor has been left slippery or cluttered, the property owner may be responsible for the injuries that ensue.
- Catastrophic Injuries—Catastrophic injuries are injuries to the spinal cord or brain, ones that result in disfigurement, or amputation. These are the cases that require emergency room care and a potentially lengthy stay in the hospital’s intensive care unit.
- Accidents Involving Minors—According to Florida Health, the state leads the country for most drowning deaths for children ages 1-4. In addition to accidents around water, children can be harmed by unsafe toys, on property that is poorly maintained, and in traffic. In addition to physical injuries, small children face long-term psychological damage when serious accidents occur.
What Compensation Can Cover
- Medical expenses including any medical devices required;
- Future anticipated medical expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Permanent disability;
- Emotional distress; and
- Pain and suffering.
A Delray Beach Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
Being involved in an accident with injuries can be overwhelming and even traumatic. Your primary concern is going to be recovering, but medical expenses and taking time off of work can create financial worry. Let the Delray Beach injury lawyers at Lyons & Snyder handle your legal case so that you can receive the maximum compensation possible. We have the expertise to compile evidence to prove the liable party, document the damages, and advocate on your behalf against insurance companies. Contact our offices today at (954) 462-8035 to schedule your free consultation.