Parkland Personal Injury Lawyer
When a person is injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, the victim has the right to seek financial compensation for their injuries through a personal injury lawsuit. While the at-fault party may initially try to pay for their error or involve their insurance company to cover the damages, victims should seek out legal advice before settling any personal injury case. A skilled Parkland injury lawyer can help compile documentation of all the ways you have suffered from the injury and advocate on your behalf against insurance companies who are merely trying to make the issue disappear. If you or a loved one has been injured and believe you have a personal injury case in Parkland, it is time to talk to an attorney from Lyons & Snyder.
- Bicycle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Child Injury
- Dog Bites
- Moped & Scooter Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Slip & Fall
- Truck Accidents
- Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
- Wrongful Death
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases We Represent
- Traffic Crashes—We handle crashes involving all types of vehicles including passenger vehicles, trucks, and vulnerable road users such as motorcyclists and bicyclists. There are many reasons why crashes occur and sometimes it requires a thorough investigation to prove fault. Some common reasons for collisions on the road include speeding, drunk driving, aggressive driving, fatigued driving, and distracted driving. According to Safer America, texting while driving alone increases the odds of being in a crash by 23 times. That does not account for any other distractions in the car such as pets, children, food, or navigation systems. You can file a personal injury case even if you are not the driver or owner of the car. For instance, passengers in Uber or Lyft cars are still able to file personal injury lawsuits if they have been injured in a collision.
- Accidents Involving Children—When children are injured, the outcome can be permanent disability or emotional distress. Furthermore, they are unable to speak up and protect themselves in the same way an adult can. It is critical that a child who is injured in an accident has proper legal representation so that the insurance companies do not take advantage of the situation.
- Catastrophic Injuries—Any injuries to the brain or spinal cord, or ones that cause serious disfigurement or disability are categorized as catastrophic injuries. These are the accidents that send a victim to the emergency room or intensive care unit of a hospital. The medical expenses of frequently astronomical and since recovery requires time away from work, financial compensation is critical for a victim.
- Slip and Falls—According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), one in five fall results in injury such as a fractured bone or head trauma. If the property owner was negligent in maintaining the area, they may be held responsible for subsequent injuries. For instance, if a person falls and breaks their hip because a handrail was not properly secured, the property owner is liable.
Contact a Parkland Personal Injury Lawyer Today
One of the first steps to take after an accident where there is another party liable is to seek out legal representation. An experienced Parkland personal injury lawyer at Lyons & Snyder can lay out the process for seeking compensation, guide you on next steps, collect evidence to support your case, and advocate for you against the insurance companies involved. Our team will work hard on your behalf so you can focus on making a complete recovery. Contact us now at (954) 462-8035 to schedule a free consultation.