Coral Springs Auto Accident Lawyer
Auto accidents are very common in Florida. At Lyons & Snyder, our auto accident attorneys have tackled a wide range of collisions and understand the process for requesting compensation. Most accidents are caused by negligence, but few motorists will admit that their carelessness behind the wheel is to blame for a wreck. Please contact our Coral Springs auto accident lawyer to review your options following a crash.
How to Request Compensation
The legal process for obtaining compensation is not as we would like. There are many laws in Florida which impact whether you can sue and when you can file a lawsuit. Some considerations include:
- The extent of your injuries
- Fault for the accident, i.e., who is to blame
- Whether you have personal injury protection (PIP) coverage
- Whether you can sue for compensation due to a serious injury
- Your degree of fault for your accident
PIP coverage is mandatory in Florida and will make at least $10,000 available for medical expenses and lost income. Unfortunately, many of our clients have more serious losses stemming from devastating injuries. If you qualify, you can negotiate a settlement with the at-fault driver for full compensation for your injuries.
Our Commitment to Our Clients
The Coral Springs auto accident lawyers at Lyons & Snyder can help clients with:
- Evaluating their legal claims, including whether their claims have merit
- Filling out insurance claim forms
- Documenting their injuries and losses
- Collecting evidence of the accident
- Negotiating a settlement with insurance adjusters for your injuries
- Representing our clients in court, if necessary
Please reach out to an attorney as soon as possible. We can immediately begin solving the legal problems you are facing.
Mistakes to Avoid in an Auto Accident Settlement
Some errors motorists make undermine their ability to obtain fair compensation. We have seen accident victims mess up by doing some or all of the following:
- Giving a recorded statement to insurance agents. It is easy to slip up and say something inaccurate, which could nevertheless compromise your claim.
- Failing to document the accident. At the scene, you should call the police and identify witnesses. Ideally, you will also take photographs of the vehicles involved, focusing on where the cars were hit.
- Delaying medical treatment. Receiving care soon after a crash improves the odds of recovery. You will also begin thoroughly documenting your injuries, which helps with the claims process. To receive the maximum PIP benefits, you must receive care from a qualified provider within 14 days.
- Negotiating a settlement on your own. It is much harder to get an insurer to offer a fair sum of money if you don’t have legal representation. At Lyons & Snyder, we can do all the heavy lifting and hold out for fair compensation.
Call Our Coral Springs Auto Accident Lawyer to Find Out More
The weeks after an auto accident are confusing, and many victims don’t know which lawyer to trust. Lyons & Snyder simplifies the process of choosing an Coral Springs Auto Accident Lawyer by offering a free consultation to those hurt in an auto wreck.