Plantation Car Accident Lawyer
Unintentional injury accidents are the fourth leading cause of death in the United States, according to Market Watch, and motor vehicle collisions are right near the top when it comes to the most dangerous unintentional injury category. Serious injuries are ten times more likely than fatalities when it comes to traffic collisions, though sadly the victims of these collisions are still often left with debilitating injuries such as broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and spinal cord damage. As a victim of a car crash, you can file a personal injury lawsuit against the at fault party who caused the crash and hold them accountable for their negligent actions. Here at Lyons & Snyder, our experienced Plantation car accident lawyers will aggressively pursue maximum compensation on your behalf.
Most Frequent Types of Car Collisions and Causes
- Rear Ender—Rear end collisions generally happen when one party is following too closely, texting and driving, or if one vehicle is stopped at a light and the driver behind is distracted or drunk. Rear end collisions often involve whiplash, cervical injuries and facial injuries such as broken nose and lacerations.
- T-Bone Collisions—T-bone crashes frequently happen at intersections when one party runs a red light or stop sign. T-Bone crashes can involve serious injuries such as fractured ribs, legs, and arms, as well as neck and back pain.
- Sideswipe—During lane changes, or merging on and off highways, a sideswipe collision is likely when one party is speeding, on their phone and/or not checking their mirrors. When these types of collisions happen at speed, the resulting injuries can be devastating.
- Head-On—Head on collisions are the most likely to end in critical injuries or death, and are most frequently caused by drunk drivers, texting drivers, and drivers who fall asleep at the wheel.
- Rollover—Rollover crashes can be a result of a head-on crash, sideswipe, T-bone, or another type of collision, and end with one or more vehicles flipping over. While rollover crashes are rare (only one in 50 crashes are rollovers) they make up one in five of all fatal crashes, according to the NHTSA.
The Most Common Injuries Sustained in Car Crashes
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Fractured ribs;
- Fractured limbs;
- Compound fractures;
- Fractured hip;
- Facial injuries;
- Herniated disc;
- Fractured vertebrae;
- Other spinal column injuries;
- Burns; and
- Sprains, strains, and other soft tissue injuries.
Damages In a Plantation Car Crash
It is important to maximize your take-home compensation, as even moderate injuries cost much more than you may think. Victims of car crashes can file personal injury claims for the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses;
- Future medical expenses;
- Lost wages and earning capacity;
- Property damage;
- Childcare and housekeeping expenses;
- Pain and suffering;
- Loss of joy of life;
- Emotional distress; and more.
Contact a Plantation Car Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a car crash? The only way to receive fair compensation from the other party is to work with an experienced personal injury attorney. Here at Lyons & Snyder, we work closely with our clients to protect their best interests and ensure that the careless or reckless driver who caused the collision is held responsible. To speak with one of our Plantation car accident lawyers today, contact us at (954) 462-8035 to schedule a free consultation. Let us be your teammate. We are your neighbor’s trusted personal injury attorney.