Coral Springs Moped & Scooter Accident Lawyer
Mopeds have been a popular mode of transportation in Coral Springs for decades and over the last few years, electric scooters have also become a common sight on the roads. Operators of moped and electric scooters are at great risk when they are on the road, as drivers do not always watch for them in the same way they do larger vehicles. Some drivers do not even believe mopeds and electric scooters have a right to be on the road, when that is not the case. If you or someone you love has been hurt, our Coral Springs moped & scooter accident lawyer can help you claim the compensation you deserve.
Types of Accidents
Mopeds are typically larger than electric scooters and so, they often drive in the same lane as other vehicles. Electric scooters though, are smaller and so, are usually operated along the side of the road. In Coral Springs, it is illegal for both mopeds and electric scooters to be driven on the sidewalk. As a result, mopeds and electric scooters have to interact with many different people on the way to their destination. There are many different types of electric scooter accidents, and they include:
- Accidents with other scooters
- Accidents involving another vehicle, such as a car or motorcycle
- Accidents involving pedestrians
- Trip and fall accidents involving Dockless scooters
Regardless of the type of moped or electric scooter accident a person is involved in, it is bound to result in very serious injuries.
Determining Liability After a Moped and Scooter Accident
It is always difficult to determine liability after a traffic collision, and this holds true in moped and electric scooter accidents, as well. Multiple parties may be liable for these types of crashes on the road and they are as follows:
- Another driver: Negligent drivers, motorcycle operators, and cyclists are most commonly the liable parties in a moped or electric scooter accident claim.
- Property owners: Moped and scooter operators are at much greater risk for potholes, cracked sidewalks, and hazardous pathways. They are not as stable as other vehicles and can quickly cause the operator to lose control. When a moped or scooter operator was on someone else’s property and their premises were unsafe, they can be held liable.
- Scooter company: Companies that enact scooter sharing programs are required to inspect their scooters and maintain them to ensure they are safe to ride. When they fail in this duty, they can be held liable.
- Manufacturers: Manufacturers are always responsible for ensuring their products are safe, and that includes companies that manufacture mopeds and scooters. When a moped or scooter is defective, you can hold the manufacturer liable.
With so many potentially liable parties, it is important that you do not take on your claim alone so you do not forfeit the damages you deserve.
Our Moped and Scooter Accident Lawyer in Coral Springs Can Advise on Your Claim
If you have been hurt on a moped or scooter due to the negligent actions of another person, our Coral Springs moped and scooter accident lawyer at Lyons & Snyder can advise on your claim. Call us today at 954-462-8035 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with one of our seasoned attorneys.