Coral Springs Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Whether they are used purely for recreational purposes, or as a form of mode of transportation, cycling comes with some risk for residents in Coral Springs. Too many crashes involving bicyclists happen ever year in the city, the state, and throughout the rest of the country. Most of these accidents are caused by the negligence, or carelessness, of drivers. When that is the case and you have been hurt, our Coral Springs bicycle accident lawyer can help you through the process of filing a claim, and help ensure you recover the fair settlement you deserve.
Why is Biking So Dangerous in Coral Springs?
Florida accounts for over 13 percent of cyclist fatalities in the nation, making it the state with the second-highest number of bicyclist deaths in the country. The reason for this is not because bicyclists are reckless or irresponsible. It is most likely due to the fact that Florida enjoys such beautiful all year round, which encourages people to get outside and enjoy it. The more a person is outside on their bike, the greater their chances are of being involved in a crash.
Causes of Bicycle Accidents
While the majority of bicycle accidents are caused by careless drivers, their negligence takes many forms. The five most common causes of these crashes are as follows:
- Speeding: Drivers that operate a vehicle at high speeds do not have the same control and reaction time as drivers that obey speed limits.
- Distracted driving: Bicyclists are not as visible as other vehicles on the road, and drivers must focus even more to ensure no one is hurt. When drivers are distracted, either by their smartphone, systems in the vehicle, or even rowdy passengers, they will not see a cyclist in their path and crash into them.
- Failure to yield: Unfortunately, drivers do not always give cyclists the space they deserve on the road, and they do not respect the rights of cyclists. This often takes the form of failing to yield to those on a bike.
- Impaired driving: Impaired driving reduces a driver’s reaction time, and they have poorer judgment overall.
- Weather: Weather conditions such as extreme rain and fog make it more difficult for everyone on the road. The slick conditions can cause a cyclist to lose control of their bike, and rainy and foggy conditions can make it even more challenging for drivers to see cyclists.
When someone else’s negligence causes a crash that results in the serious injuries often seen after a bike crash, cyclists have many options for recovering compensation. A Coral Springs bicycle accident lawyer can further explain the options available.
Call Our Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Coral Springs Today
After a bicycle accident, you may be able to recover compensation from your own auto insurance policy, a family member’s, or the negligent driver’s insurer. At Lyons & Snyder, our Coral Springs bicycle accident lawyer can advise on the options available, and help you recover the settlement you deserve. Call us today at 954-462-8035 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.